ESG Automotive is the go-to source for electrical engineering consulting in the automotive industry. Join ESG Automotive’s team and help create the technology of tomorrow.
Job Title: Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
What you’ll be doing:
The Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for participating in a team of engineers responsible for the development of software for engine and transmission control modules. The Powertrain Embedded Software Engineer will perform software requirements analysis, design, coding, test plan creation, and testing for powertrain control features. Perform reviews and/or inspections for requirements, design documents, Simulink Models, C/C++/assembly code, and test plans. Create TargetLink Models. Interact with other department/vendors on eliciting requirements.
What you need for this position:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Computer Engineering, Applied Physics, or other related Engineering degree.
- Minimum 2 years embedded C/C++ software experience (hand-coding), however, an advanced degree and/or academic research in a related field may count towards experience requirement
- Adherence to a defined software development process
- Powertrain software experience. TargetLink experience. Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow experience.
- Experience with Motorola/Freescale 32-bit processors. Experience adapting application software into vendor/OEM Software
- Experience with AutoSAR and/or dSpace’s System Desk. Experience with Hard Real-time embedded applications. Familiarity with OBD II. Familiarity with microprocessor-based controls and development tools (emulators, debuggers, etc.)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- Excellent benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k with employer match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off package including Vacation, Personal/Sick, and Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Dynamic place to work with variety of projects
- Strong work/life balance
- Opportunity for growth
Let the innovative developments and newest technologies in the world of electronics captivate you.
ESG Automotive Inc. is a sound and steadily growing company. As part of the ESG Group, it is able to offer committed employees the professional environment of an internationally active company with locations in the USA and Europe. For five decades, the ESG Group has been developing, integrating and selling electronics and IT systems and is regarded as a high-tech company for technology transfer between different markets.
Due to our broad range of customers and our activities in future-oriented industries, we offer challenging tasks and activities. Technology and consulting are entwined in all areas of our business. Shorter chains of communication and an open corporate culture make for a straightforward and pleasant working environment in which our employees are able to grow and develop.
As we operate in the high-tech sector, we place particularly high demands on our employees: In addition to solid specialist knowledge and industry experience, we are looking for professional and quality-oriented individuals who are customer-oriented and are able to quickly integrate in multi-disciplinary teams.